TEACHING STUDENTS GRADES 4-12
Every parent with school age children knows what's wrong with education today. Stories abound.
Sometimes the only way to cope is by suspending common sense.
I'm a retired Middle School English and Humanities teacher who would like to tutor your students, grade 4-12, along with their regular studies, what schools no longer teach, such as:
- Cursive writing (are they signing their names by printing?) grades 4,5,6
- How to alphabetize. grades 4,5,6
- All of English grammar (ask your children if they know what a preposition is) all grades
- All of the punctuation marks and how they are used (how do you punctuate an appositive?) all grades
- Writing sentence types, simple, compound, complex, compound/complex (sentence variety is in good writing) all grades
- Tips for perfect writing (never write a sentence without writing at least one or more sentences about that sentence) all grades
- Repetitive math speed drills (how fast can you calculate fifty multiplication facts?) grades 4,5,6
- How to memorize anything ( using acronyms and other tips)
- Study skills (how to get organized and not waste time)
- And most importantly: How to think for yourself! (and not just regurgitate thoughts of others
- M.A. Teaching the English Language, U. of Arizona 1983
- Arizona Teaching certification K-12 (expired at 65)
- Arizona Teaching Certification Community College (Lifetime)
- Taught Writing courses, Tucson Community College, Downtown Campus, 1983-1987
- ESL, English/Humanities teacher, grades 6,7,8 International School Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand 1988-2002 (retired)
- 2006 – 2016 Tutored students grades 4-12 in their homes around ex-pat community (50 different nations) serving International School Bangkok.
- Married to a Thai National; we have two boys ages 9 & 12.
Fee: $30 per hour
(location may affect pricing)
References provided on request.
Wayne L. Hunt
Copyright ©2016 WHtuoringaz.com